£70000 - £80000 per annum
5 months ago
Application Support; Engineer; FX; Trading; UNIX; SQL; FIX
My client, a reputable Investment Bank, is looking to hire an Application Support Engineer to join their FX team in London. This technical team supports the client's key FX pricing and trading systems, so it will be important that the right Support Analyst ensure that these systems are running smoothly and that the business and other users are provided with an outstanding level of technical support.
The suite of global applications you will be supporting will give you exposure to various areas including development, testing and deployment. You will need to have supported a trading platform before, ideally within the FX space. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Performing complex troubleshooting on technical issues that arise and ensuring users are kept up to date with regular updates on system status.
- Performing L1 & L2 support and escalating to L3 when necessary.
- Working in a follow-the-sun model and performing end of day handovers to counterparts in offshore locations.
To be right for this, you need to have the following skill set:
- Technical Support experience on a real-time trading system, preferably in the FX business (although other business areas are also acceptable).
- Good experience working with FIX Protocol.
- Bash/Python scripting experience (advantageous)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly respected FX team within the Banking space. The role includes 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays and a very competitive compensation package, as well as hybrid working opportunities.