£600 - £650 per day
over 2 years ago
Our client, a Global Bank, is looking to hire a highly experienced Java Developer into its Front Office FX team.
The role will involve working on a large scale eTrading Platform in the FX business. There is a large pipeline of work involving the entire overhaul of the existing system, decommissioning the use of vendor products and building their own capabilities. Tasks will include designing, building and enhancing the application with a focus on the server side. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge Core Java, Multithreading and low latency principles as well as be a good team fit, showing enthusiasm and team ethic.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Java Development skills
- Strong multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection skills
- Demonstrable experience working on highly distributed systems
- Good understanding of low latency systems
- FX experience is ideal but other domains will also be considered.
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic and proactive approach with good team ethic.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in a long term programme of work at a leading Bank.
This is a Contract role and will operate via an Umbrella/PAYE Solution.