£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
almost 2 years ago
Data Engineer - Global Data Organisation - London
My client, a leading Data Organisation, are looking for a Data Engineer to work in a cutting edge area.
The role will offer the chance to work in an environment that requires a high level of Data Engineering expertise across a large range of financial services data sets. The company's research teams look at creating innovative tools using cutting edge methods including Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). They have a growing team in London and offer easy access to data that is needed to build greenfield tools.
The ideal candidate will be have a real passion for data and will get the opportunity to create optimal architectures to run Machine Learning analysis and other experimental work. This is a great opportunity to work in a cutting edge and innovative environment that will allow the chance to work with some really unique and exciting technologies.
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases (Cassandra, MongoDB or HBase)
- Exposure to working with Hadoop Eco-system
- Strong experience with a scripting language (Shell, Bash or Python)
- Any experience with Spark of Kafka would be beneficial
- Experience with ETL tools is desirable
- Finance Data is highly desirable
- Financial Services experience not essential but preferred