£600 - £650 per day
4 months ago
Infrastructure Engineer: Design: Agile: Windows: Linux: SQL: Citrix: VMWare: Networks
One of my Banking clients is looking to hire an IT Infrastructure Engineer to play a key role in the delivery of various infrastructure designs and solutions for some major products and services across the Bank.
You will sit with a specific team who are responsible for a product that needs focus when it comes to infrastructure design, influencing them when it comes to overall strategy based on cost estimates and your previous experience in IT infrastructure design and implementation.
You will also:
- Work with different facets of business and IT including project managers and delivery leads to ensure that the systems and designs you implement are tested and supported.
- Work in a large-scale enterprise environment on a variety of IT infrastructure designs writing concise design documentation.
- Work within an Agile delivery environment to help deliver end-to-end projects from an infrastructure design perspective.
- Liaise with the Bank's vendors to work through technical challenges as and when they arise.
To be right for this role, you must have:
- A strong background in IT infrastructure engineering and a proven track record in designing infrastructure solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- An ability to work with Business Analysts and translate requirements into a detailed IT solution.
- Sound technical background and knowledge in some of the following:
- Windows Server
- SAN infrastructure
- Cloud Technology
This is a 6-month contract role with potential for extending and is a PAYE contract going through an umbrella company. The Bank operate a hybrid working model where remote working is permissible.