£120000 - £140000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
over 3 years ago
Java Developer - Algo Trading - Investment Banking
Our Client, a leading Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Java Developer to join a newly formed cross asset Algo trading team.
The successful candidate will play a key role in creating innovative technical solutions to fuel the growth of Algorithmic trading and offers an excellent opportunity for someone to make their mark within the bank. Working closely with the quant teams the environment requires a mix of strong engineering and development skills to completely refactor the existing engine and improving the overall reliability of the platform. This will include ensuring the platform has a robust and well documented testing process via a test first approach and combination of back testing and unit testing, as well as re-engineering the existing code base so production code is aligned to that in back testing and creating instruments to monitor the Algo code in production. There is also a need to improve the release process with a more fully automated solution.
Candidates will require:
- Strong Java Development background (including Java 8).
- Strong test first approach (including unit testing, integration testing, back testing and end-to-end testing).
- Good understanding of build tools such as Maven and source code management tools including Git.
- Any automated back testing experience would be a huge benefit.
- Any experience with KDB, AWS and Hadoop is a nice to have.
- Good technical or scientific academic background in Computer Science, Maths, Physics etc