£500 - £600 per day
about 2 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Java Developer - Front Office Trading - Investment Banking
Our client, a Global Bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer into its Front Office Trading team.
The role will involve working on re-engineering a best in class trade capture and order management system. The successful candidate will have a large development pipeline and be tasked with working with the users and business stakeholders to gather requirements, create workable designs and then co-ordinate and drive the development effort. There is a strong Agile approach to development through the use of TDD and BDD concepts; as well as Continuous Delivery and a strong preference to move towards Event Driven Architectures.
Candidates will need:
- Expert core Java development background, including Java 8
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing frameworks
- Strong OO, multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection, data structures
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale development projects
- An Investment Banking background would be preferred but not essential
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in to a Front Office technology team and make a significant contribution to a globally distributed trading system.