£90000 - £115000 per annum + bonus and benefits
over 1 year ago
Java Engineer - Multithreading, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud
Our client, a Top Tier Bank, is looking to hire an expert Java Developer to join their Engineering Team. The successful candidate will have a large pipeline of work across different Asset Classes by providing technical expertise, being involved in hands-on coding using a variety of modern tech, as well as having the unique opportunity to test new technology within their Research Labs. There is a strong Agile approach (through implementing TDD, BDD, CI/CD concepts) and emphasis on Best Practises, Frameworks and DevOps. This is a highly innovative team/role where you will be encouraged to spot areas of improvement, suggest creative ideas and research new technologies to make a positive impact across the business.
Candidates will need:
- Expertise in Core Java development/design/architecture, including Java 8
- Strong experience working on Multithreaded systems
- Strong engineering and problem solving mindset
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing frameworks
- Experience implementing Best Practises, Frameworks and DevOps
- Experience in Distributed Systems and Cloud Native Architectures
- Experience using NoSQL, Microservices and functional programming is preferred
- Banking background is preferred, with an interest in working on Front Office systems
This is a fantastic chance to get into an innovative and modern Engineering Team and make a significant contribution across all aspects of the business.