£80000 - £90000 per annum + benefits and big bonus potential
about 1 year ago
Tech Lead; Software Engineer; Java; Python; Agile; Kubernetes; Kafka; Testing; Ansible
One of my clients, a small, innovative Brokerage who have been hugely successful over the last five years, are looking to hire a hands-on Technical Lead to play a senior role in their technology team. You will join an existing team of around 13 people doing mostly hands-on development work on some big and exciting projects they have in the pipeline that involve a wide-range of technical challenges and a broad range of tools, working mostly in a cloud native environment.
There will also be a mentoring part to your role where you will review code from some of the junior developers and advise them on how to layer code properly as well as working towards domain-driven design. You will also be an escalation point for the team and lead activities when the CTO (who you will report into) is engaged elsewhere.
To be right for this role, you will ideally have:
- A background in Java/Python development (either one is fine) and have played a hands-on lead role in previous projects. You don't have to have managed anyone - this is a hands-on role not a team management one.
- A background in project delivery where you have delivered high-quality, thoroughly tested code
- Agile development experience
- An appreciation for domain-driven design
- Ideally some CQRS knowledge/experience
This is a brilliant role for a Developer who has delivered on a diverse, wide-range of projects throughout their career using lots of different technologies. It's a chance to join a fantastic company who are passionate about tech and reward their staff with big bonuses and an enjoyable, ideas-driven environment free of bureaucracy and red-tape.
The client is also open to seeing people with a Contract-heavy background that have a proven track record of project delivery.