£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits
over 3 years ago
What is the role?
My client, a prestigious Investment Management company, is looking to hire a Test Lead to work on several key testing projects they have in the pipeline. This role will require the right Test Lead to assess what is required for a given project and then relay what they need (number of testers, tools etc) to the overall Test Manager to get started on said project. You will be responsible for your team's delivery and be expected to contribute in a hands-on capacity.
Other responsibilities for the role includes:
- Regularly liaising with both the business and development teams
- Taking ownership/creating test plans and test scripts from requirements documents
- Owning defects through to resolution for areas under test
- Produce execution reports with the aim of providing analysis of failed tests/defects raised
What do they require?
Our client requires someone who is either currently a test lead who has had direct responsibility for a small team of junior testers or a Senior Test Analyst that has mentored other testers and is now looking for that step-up.
Other requirements for this role are:
- A strong grasp of SQL (for e.g. ability to explain differences between inner & outer join and correcting queries etc.)
- E2E Testing experience
- Familiarity with automation tools (Cucumber/Fitnesse a real bonus).
- Previous experience working in financial services (advantageous).
- A track record in pushing back on difficult stakeholders/PM's.
What can they offer you?
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing organisation that will give you the opportunity to work on high-profile project work and lead your own testers to get the job done in your own way. It suits someone who has perhaps 4-5 years' testing experience that has dabbled in mentoring/team leadership but now wants to take that next step in their career and work in a full-time, hands-on lead role.
Benefits for this role are:
- Minimum 22 days' holiday
- Performance related bonus
- Share scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Fantastic discounts at various high street stores