Our client, a Global Investment Bank, are looking for an Automation Tester to join their Data Science team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a global platform within a market leading Front Office team, working closely with Quants on cutting edge technologies. A successful candidate will have a business facing role working on Market data for the Equities business and other asset classes down the line. You will be making key decisions and taking ownership of the QA process.
The successful candidate will be working in an Agile environment (daily scrums, Jira etc) and there is a large pipeline of work planned for the coming year and ambitious plans for growth. You will be working alongside the Data Science team, building and developing the test framework as well as working closely with the trading platforms and other teams in the area. This includes the working on Market Data for the Equities Business as this role is business focused. There is a preference for candidates that have built Automation Test Frameworks from scratch and you will need to have good development skills in either Java, C++, C# or Python.
- Strong Development Skills (Java, C#, C++, Python)
- Strong Automation Testing background
- Candidates need to have either worked on bespoke automation frameworks or heavily customised off the shelf packages
- Experience in developing and execution of automated test scripts
- Strong Back end testing experience is essential (able to read log files, query databases and understand messaging etc)
- Excellent Business knowledge
- Experience of Unix or Linux is also required
- Any experience testing AWS, Cloud or Hadoop would be beneficial
- Good Stakeholder Management experience
- Any experience with BDD, Cucumber or Gherkin would be highly beneficial but not essential
- This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in a long term cutting edge programme of work.