Our leading banking client are currently looking to recruit a Business Data Architect / Data Modeller to work within their Central Data Function. You will be responsible for the integration of disparately developed business-centric data models into the firms central business information model, ensuring newly developed models re-use pre-existing group model components. The successful candidate will be required to liaise with a variety of stakeholders across the business to discover the best outcome for their competing needs and priorities, acting as a senior member of the team and mentor to other modelers on best practice and group standards.
You will have a proven track record of creating and maintaining business information models and/or data models, coupled with an ability to bring analytical rigour and structure when defining effective data solutions. The role requires candidates to work effectively under pressure with rapidly changing priorities, facilitating the resolution of model conflicts created by competing business requirements and actively participating in group design workshops.
- Excellent understanding of Data Modelling practices (Conceptual, Relational, Semantic etc.)
- Experience in Business Analysis and development/gathering of Business Data requirements
- Prior experience facing off to Senior Business Stakeholders with the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels
- Strong background within the Financial Services Industry (Investment, Commercial, Corporate Banking etc.)
- Previous experience working on large Global projects with complex data requirements
- An understanding of the current Industry Regulations (e.g. MiFID, BCBS239 etc.)