Our client, a City based Investment Bank is looking to bring on board a Java Developer for an initial 12 month contract position.
The role will involve working on a front office application used directly by Traders/sales people at external Hedge Funds and Asset Managers. There is a large pipeline of work redesigning the platform whilst developing new features.
If you are looking to pick up experience in GCP this is the perfect role for you, as they are planning on moving the existing application to Google Cloud over the course of 2020.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Core Java development background
- Multi-threading and Microservices skills are preferred
- Demonstrable experience working on distributed systems
- Financial Services background is advantageous but not essential
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment
- Any experience with Containers (Docker), Kubernetes and Cloud would be beneficial but not essential
(This contract will operate via an Umbrella/PAYE Solution)