My Asset Management client is looking for a Data Analytics manager to determine data requirements and participate on the design and delivery of reporting applications. This role will support the group to maximise the understanding of its data and increase its profitability via use of analysis to identify new opportunities and supporting strategies to achieve business objectives. You will be responsible for developing and executing analytical initiatives and implementing the best solutions.
This role would suit someone who is currently working on a mix of technical data analysis and development, specifically looking at Data Analytics and Data Science. You will be building out different data marts and visualisation tools, as well as having technical conversations to understand what's being built and mocking up POC's for the business, providing thought leadership to the offshore teams. Candidates will be writing Python scripts to as they begin on MI/BI work before moving more into machine learning and true data science capability.
- A track record in Data Analytics and specifically Data Visualisation (Tableau, Qlik or similar)
- Experience of Python or R
- Any exposure to Spark/Hadoop, Hive or Cloud (GCP, AWS, or Azure) would be highly beneficial
- Previous experience within Financial Services, ideally asset management, is preferred but not essential
- Strong client facing skills and ability to interact with a wide variety of stakeholders
- This opportunity would suit someone currently working on Visualisation and Analytics but with an interest in moving into Data Science/Machine Learning in the future