Data Engineer; Big Data; Teradata; SQL; ETL; Python
My client, a unique Brokerage company based in London, is looking for a Data Engineer to join its growing team to help spearhead the build out of their data quality practice.
What is the role?
This is a job for someone who is passionate about data, whether that be analytics, visualisation, mining or storage. Your job will be to develop a data analytics platform and, once this is done, to maintain it. You will be free from any shackles that might hold you back in bigger, more bureaucratic environments and be actively encouraged to contribute to the company's direction when it comes to database design and tools selection. Other responsibilities include:
- Manage SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Develop and integrate data extraction, transformation and loading processes (ETL) into production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
A desire to build on previous interest within the data engineering space. This could be from a thesis in data analytics or, preferably, some commercial experience as a data engineer where you have championed big data concepts and ideas around a tech stack. Other requirements that would be essential are:
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths or other Quantitative subject.
- Experience in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Strong skills in programming languages for data aggregation and manipulation
- Experience with SQL and database design.
The client is established in its field and like to hire analytical people with strong academics and an inquisitve nature. Despite it being established it still retains a start-up culture which they are keen for whoever comes on board to embrace. They have opened an office up in New York and are looking to grow their London office out significantly in 2017.