Data Warehousing Development Lead – Banking
My European Banking client is looking to hire a Development Team Lead to join a new centralised Data Warehousing function and look at how data is stored across all pillars of the bank.
The Data Warehousing Development lead will take responsibility for managing approximately 50 offshore resource to ensure that technical solutions required by the business are delivered properly, and where needed to help guide those teams where any major issues occur. They will also be expected to help with the ongoing transition to an Agile environment.
This role offers candidates the chance to be a part of a new and technically innovative team who are acting upon a number of strategic, long-term initiatives to help to transform the bank; and will allow the successful candidate the chance to work across multiple areas and access a range of systems.
To be successful you will need to following skills and experience:
- Will need to have an in-depth understanding of Data Warehousing and must have good exposure to working with large Data Sets and Repositories
- Must have some experience with leading technical teams and working with offshore developers
- Someone who is familiar with Agile and TDD practices and frameworks, and will ideally have helped to implement these in large teams in the past
- Financial Services background is highly desirable; however, they are prepared to forgo this if you have experience with the above points.
- Need to be a fluent English speaker and any knowledge of Scandinavian language would be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a bank with a clear strategic vision and to be a part of a growing team which are involved in a number of innovative, long-term projects.