Technical Data Analyst, Investment Banking, London
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking for a Technical Data Analyst to join their Risk IT team covering Balance Sheet Management, Interest Rate Risk, ALM (Asset Liability Management), Treasury and Non Traded Market Risk. The role will be working in a specialised team that supports Liquidity Risk as well as delivering project and strategic initiatives across multiple locations. Successful candidates will need to have strong business acumen and technical skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Work will involve close interaction with Analysts and Developers to solicit information and data, analysing and reporting on data quality for specific data sets and gathering / analysing business and data requirements, including data standards.
Key Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of Data Analysis
- Technical understanding of databases, file formats and file transfer processes.
- Understand application database structures and able to build SQL queries
- Working knowledge of data constructs and principles of database design
- Previous experience within Investment banking is not essential, however, any exposure to Liquidity Risk, Balance Sheet Management, ALM or Treasury business would be useful
- Strong exposure to project methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
- In depth knowledge of the full Software Development Lifecycle