My client, a reputable Investment Management firm, is looking to hire a talented Technical Support Analyst to join a small team within the organisation who play a critical role in supporting a variety of systems that store and distribute their key business data.
You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills in a Jboss OpenShift environment (previous experience not required in this) as well as providing the usual 1st/2nd line support for the team. Other responsibilities include:
- Working with the company's development teams to create support documentation for new functionality and to identify system defects
- Analyse and dissect issues as they occur to resolve them quickly and efficiently.
- Record and monitor SLA's.
- Help with providing key MI that will aid the team in recognising common defects in the systems as well as resolution patterns.
To be right for this role, you must have the following:
- Previous experience supporting financial services applications.
- Good UNIX knowledge.
- Ability to write SQL queries.
- Some experience supporting Java-based systems a massive advantage.
The role for the first 6-9 months will be 9am-5pm and no on-call for at least 6 months. After this, you will be put on to a shift pattern where the early shift will be 8am-4pm and the later shift 10am-6pm.