Java Developer (Java, Oracle, Prime) - Front Office - Investment Banking
Our client, a Global Bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer into its Prime Business.
The application has been used increasingly across the London Stock, Borrow, Loan business over the last 5 years and requires an upgrade to Java 8. As the solution has been made available to a larger user base this has also put strain on the reporting side increasing the need to optimise the messaging layer. The successful candidate will have a large development pipeline and be tasked with working with the users and business stakeholders to gather requirements, create workable designs and then co-ordinate and drive the development effort.
Candidates will need:
- Expert core Java development background.
- Strong OO, multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection, data structures
- Any experience with ActivePivot would be highly beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale development projects.
- A background in the either Stock Borrow Loan (SBL), Stock Loan, Equity Finance, Equity Derivatives or Delta1 would be highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills and ability to mentor other team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a large scale development project.