Our client, an established Asset Management firm, is recruiting for an Operational Risk Analyst to work directly for the Head of department in order to develop and solidifying the Control framework. You will be responsible for enhancement and maintenance of the risk and control management framework, identifying, documenting and maintaining the company risk register and risk raised from business functions. The successful candidate will ensure that appropriate risk mitigation measures and risk indicators are in place, performing periodic risk assessment on business processes and producing key risk indicator reporting across all departments.
You will also assist with the development and updating of policies owned by the Head of Operational Risk or the Chief Risk Officer and advise on new controls & procedures across the business. Work will also include the coordination of internal and external audits, Due Diligence of third parties, Business Continuity, and close working with Process Improvement and Project Management Office to provide oversight on risk initiatives and due diligence.
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstrable experience in an Operational Risk role, gained within an Asset Management, Hedge Fund, Investment banking or Fund Administrator business
- Ability to undertake gap analysis between current Risks and Controls and the defined standards and be able to communicate the results clearly and effectively.
- Be able to provide expertise across the bank on how the framework can be used by the first and second lines of defence.
- Be able to clearly articulate the roles of the business within the design and delivery of policy, controls, risk mitigation and remediation.
- Have the ability to analyse and understand complex problems and formulate practical solutions.
- Experience of working in, or engagement with Operational Risk structures, process and policy design would be an advantage.