Application Support: SQL: OMS: Financial Services
One of my clients, a reputable and successful name in the asset management space, is looking to hire an Application Support Analyst to join a small team who support a number of critical applications across various areas of the business, including the front office.
The applications you will be supporting vary from bespoke internal systems to larger OMS as well as CRM systems. Therefore, experience across supporting vendor applications as well as end users is key.
Other responsibilities include:
- Championing the systems across the organisations including helping the users use the systems correctly.
- Supporting issues at a L1/L2 level and escalating appropriately according to internal logging process.
- Documenting any resolutions with the user as well as training them to reduce issues.
- Establishing relationships with user base, including senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Development teams so that you gain knowledge to alleviate any L3 issues in the future.
- Help with testing and business continuity processes.
- Provide out of hours support as part of a rota (even though the need will be rare).
To be right for this role, you must have the following:
- Experience of technical support across a demanding user base in another financial services firm.
- Ability to read and write SQL queries.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Ideally, you will have experience supporting both end-users and third-party vendor products.
- Some PowerShell scripting and automation will be massively beneficial.
The company are operating a hybrid way of working. You will be expected to work in the office two days a week, with the option to work three days a week from home. They have a strong bonus culture and very little red tape or bureaucracy, giving people the chance to implement change easily.