£40000 - £45000 per annum
10 months ago
Application Support; Technical Support; SQL; UNIX; Java
One of my clients, a reputable Bank, is looking to hire an Application Support Analyst to join its offices in Knutsford. You will be joining a team that supports a busy trading desk of between 150-200 users globally and have the chance to learn a genuinely interesting area of financial services particularly across the trading space.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to the traders, prioritising and resolving issues and escalating to others when needed.
- Become an SME in the systems you are supporting, becoming a knowledge point of contact for this suite of applications.
- Perform deep analysis of issues and quickly identify best course of action to improve and provide a solution.
To be right for this role, you must have:
- Some experience providing excellent 1st and 2nd line technical support where you have learned how to prioritise and resolve issues quickly.
- Technical experience around the following:
- Unix (connections/navigation/searching/file creation etc)
- SQL (basic querying/extracting data)
- Experience supporting a Java-based application would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills and a genuine interest in getting into a role within a Bank where you will learn a specific part of the trading business.
- You do not need to have prior experience in financial services - just the desire and enthusiasm to learn.
There is a shift pattern involved in this role - the earliest one being 7-4 and the latest being 10-6. No overtime/on-call expectations and they operate a flexible working arrangement. Currently everyone is working form home but from the Autumn it is likely to be 2 days' a week in their Knutsford offices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Application Support Analyst to join a busy trading desk in a fast-paced environment where you will learn the business and become an SME across a suite of applications.