£300 - £350 per day
about 1 year ago
Application Support Analyst - Unix - Security - Banking
One of my clients, a reputable Bank, is looking to hire an Application Support Analyst to join a small team who support a number of critical applications across various areas of the business, all of which are crucial to the Bank's ability to operate sufficiently.
The applications you will be supporting are broad, however all are Unix-based and require strong knowledge across various flavours of the Unix estate. Therefore experience as an application support analyst in a Bank supporting a large Unix environment is key.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supporting issues at a L1/L2 level and escalating appropriately according to internal logging process.
- Documenting any resolutions with the user as well as training them to reduce issues.
- Establishing relationships with user base, including senior stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Development teams so that you gain knowledge to alleviate any L3 issues in the future.
- Working in a second line support capacity for access controls/management related issues.
To be right for this role, you must have the following:
- Experience of technical support across a demanding user base in another financial services firm.
- Proven track record in supporting Unix systems such as Redhat, AIX and Sun Solaris at first and second line level
- Previous experience supporting incident, problem, change and service requests for a large user base.
- Proficient in using tools such as CyberArk, Service Now and Remedy
- Clear and concise communication skills.
The company are operating a hybrid way of working. You will be expected to work in the office two days a week, with the option to work three days a week from home. They have offices dotted around the UK however, have a strong preference to work out of their Manchester or London office.
There is no shift pattern to this role - the bank operate between 9 and 6, there may be on occasion a need to support early morning activities (6 to 8). Please note this is a PAYE Contract via Umbrella (The quoted rate is the Umbrella rate).