£70000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
over 2 years ago
Automation Test Analyst - Front Office - Data Science / Python
My client, a Global Investment Bank, are looking for an Automation Tester to join their Data Science team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a global platform within a market leading Front Office team, giving candidates the opportunity to learn about the business and work closely with Quants on cutting edge technologies.
The successful candidate will be working in an Agile environment (daily scrums, Jira etc) and there is a large pipeline of work planned for the coming year and ambitious plans for growth. You will be working alongside the Data Science team, building and developing the test framework as well as working closely with the trading platforms and other teams in the area. There is a preference for candidates that have built Automation Test Frameworks from scratch and you will need to be a good problem solver. You will be responsible for making key decisions, taking ownership of the QA process and maintaining a good relationship with the business.
- Strong Python Development Skills (ideally the Conda framework)
- Strong Automation Testing background
- Candidates need to have either worked on bespoke automation frameworks or heavily customised off the shelf packages
- Experience in developing and execution of automated test scripts
- Hands on experience gained with Java and AWS
- Strong Back end testing experience is essential (able to read log files, query databases and understand messaging etc)
- Experience of Unix or Linux is also required
- Any experience testing AWS, Cloud or Hadoop would be beneficial
- Good Stakeholder Management experience
- Must be highly personable and a good problem solver
- Any experience with BDD, Cucumber or Gherkin would be highly beneficial but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in a long term cutting edge programme of work.