Our Financial Services client are looking to hire an experienced Big Data Dev Lead onto a project within its Risk area.
The role will involve leading a team across London and EMEA and leading the design and build of Big Data infrastructure for batch and real time analytics as well as a new Data Lake in Scala, Spark, Hadoop and Python to produce new revenue generating products and Big Data technologies.
Candidates will need:
- Strong commercial Big Data Eco system development experience
- Proven experience in a leadership role
- Strong commercial experience working on Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Apache Hive, Apache HBase, Apache Oozie, etc)
- Expert level software engineering background
- Strong background working on complex distributed systems
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale development projects
- Any commercial experience in Kafka, and Maven would be highly beneficial.