£80-100,000 per annum + bonus
over 6 years ago
Our client, a City based Bank, is looking for an experienced Compliance Advisor to support the UK Private Banking business in the maintenance of their Compliance environment, the management of regulatory risk and the delivery of continuous improvements to client experience. The successful applicant will provide accurate, timely and pragmatic advice and guidance on FCA and related Regulatory requirements in relation to business projects being undertaken by the Private Banking business.
They will proactively identify areas of potential Regulatory risk and/or poor client outcomes arising from business projects and work with members of the Business Enablement Team, Operational Risk Team and Legal Risk Team to identify and implement appropriate solutions to mitigate those risks. Where necessary, they may also support the Business Enablement Team and colleagues in the Retail Compliance team in the design and delivery of appropriate regulatory training as part of key strategic initiatives. The role will involve monitoring the regulatory landscape to identify areas of regulatory change impacting on the Private Banking business and working with colleagues across the Private Banking business, and the wider compliance community, to provide appropriate resolution to issues once identified.
Key requirements for this role:
- Excellent working knowledge of Regulatory matters affecting banking products, including savings and current accounts, including FCA expectations (such as BCOBs, SYSC, TCF/Conduct Risk) and PSR requirements;
- Good understanding of outsource service provider operating models and practices;
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of all products and services provided by the Private Banking business.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively so as to deliver in line with required turnaround times
- Capacity to work in a dynamic, changing environment without supervision
- Ability to think clearly, concisely and apply technical regulatory knowledge in order to identify compliant but commercially pragmatic solutions
- Flexible and adaptable approach to any changes including those within the business
- Ability to think creatively outside the role specifications as and when appropriate
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transfer knowledge effectively through briefings, training sessions etc