£500 - £600 per day
almost 5 years ago
Technical Data Business Analyst (Liquidity Risk) Investment Banking, London
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking for a Technical Data Business Analyst to join their Risk IT team covering Balance Sheet Management, Interest Rate Risk, ALM (Asset Liability Management), Treasury and Non Traded Market Risk.
The role will be working in a specialised team that supports Liquidity Risk as well as delivering project and strategic initiatives across multiple locations. Successful candidates will need to have strong business acumen and technical skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Work will involve close interaction with Analysts\Developers to solicit information and data, analysing and reporting on data quality for specific data sets and gathering / analysing business and data requirements, including data standards. You will be an integral part of the entire end to end project lifecycle from identification, specification, working with the developers, testing and final delivery of a workable solution into the live environment.
Key Experience Required:
- Strong knowledge of Business Analysis and Data Analysis/Data Modelling
- Proven track record within Investment banking, including exposure to Liquidity Risk, Balance Sheet Management, ALM, Treasury or Non Traded Market Risk
- Technical understanding of databases, file formats and file transfer processes.
- Understand application database structures and able to build Adhoc SQL queries
- Working knowledge of data constructs and principles of database design. Must be able to interpret an Entity Relationship diagram.
- Strong exposure to project methodologies (Agile/Waterfall)
- In depth knowledge of the full Software Development Lifecycle
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to contribute to design and solution activities whilst quickly gaining an understanding of the business issues and data challenges.