City of London, London
£120000 - £140000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
almost 2 years ago
Data Engineer - Data Science, AI/ML, AWS - Greenfield Analytics
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to work on the greenfield design and build of a new Data Analytics platform for its Data Science business.
The role will play a key part in the design and build of a new Data Science and Analytics platform to be used across various areas of the business. They are currently in the process of setting up the initial platform offering and building out the KDB and Hadoop infrastructure and require a Data Engineer with experience in Python, KDB, Hadoop, and Spark to build the APIs and the Analytics engine before moving towards Machine Learning in Phase 2.
The role will offer a unique opportunity to play an integral role in the build out of the new platform as well as offer the chance to gain experience in AWS.
Candidates will need:
- Strong Data Engineering experience specifically in Python
- Have strong knolwedge of working with Micro Services, KDB, Hadoop or Spark
- Have previously worked on the Greenfield design of a project including building out the system architecture
- Exposure to either Visualisation or Machine Learning libraries
- Previous experience working on in analytics project would be highly beneficial
- Experience with AWS would be advantageous but not essential
- Any exposure to Machine Learning is beneficial