£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits
almost 4 years ago
Data Scientist - Digital / Python - Banking
My client a global Bank is looking for a Data Scientist to join a new team within its Digital business.
The role will be working on a new data platform being built to improve the way in which the bank communicates with its customers. Critical to this will be looking at how the bank can increase customer engagement by moving away from typical messaging practices and towards more real time, targeted, quality driven conversations. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the research and analysis to design and build models and see them into production, with the long term goal to roll out the platform across other parts of the business.
Candidates will need:
- Strong Data Science background from either a Banking, Digital or relevant Customer Conversion background
- Good commercial coding experience with Python
- Commercial experience working with large customer base (circa 4-6 million)
- Ability to build statistical models (e.g. linear regression, logistic) and customer segmentations
- Strong academic background in Mathematics, Statistics or similar
- Previous experience working on Digital Messaging projects is highly desirable (but not essential)
- Any experience with R, Spark or SAS is useful but not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape a new Data Science framework within a new area of Digital Banking.