Copenhagen, Copenhagen Municipality
£90000 - £120000 per annum
about 4 years ago
A highly reputable European bank are currently looking to recruit a Development Manager to join their Data Warehousing team in Copenhagen on a permanent basis.
The team looks after a Teradata SQL Warehouse which pools in Data from across the group collecting Reporting data from Regulatory, Liquidity and Front Office databases.
The DW Development Manager will be responsible for managing a large team of offshore Developers (45+) and all aspects of the day-to-day operations, including scoping development work, planning projects, allocating resources, monitoring progress and ensuring that the team meets agreed timescales and quality standards. They will also work alongside key stakeholders to define and establish requirements using established Agile Project Management methodologies.
The Data Warehousing Development Lead will be tasked with helping with the recent transition into Agile by coaching the offshore in scrums and sprints as well as helping to fill in the gaps that were exposed by the transition. Therefore, the successful candidate will be very familiar with Agile practices and frameworks as well as an understanding of the legacy waterfall methodology so as to be able to make it a smooth change.
To be successful in your application for the position of Data Warehousing Development Manager you should have the following key skills and experiences:
- A strong background in, and an in-depth understanding of Data Warehousing
- Will ideally have come from a Data Development background
- Experience of managing large development teams
- Should have worked with large-scale Data Repositaries and have a good understanding of the problems and hurdles faced by teams responsible for them.
- Must have previously worked within the Financial Services industry so as to understand the nuances of the industry
- Should have experience of working with offshore and nearshore technical teams
If you would be interested in applying for the position of Data Warehousing Development Manager then please feel free to get in touch.