£90000 - £100000 per annum
2 months ago
Oracle: Engineer: DBA: PostgreSQL: MongoDB: Python; DevOps: Jenkins: Docker
One of my financial services clients is looking for a Database Platform Engineer to join their a small team that are responsible for all the management, engineering and BAU across their Oracle estate. The team don't just manage the oracle platform - they also administer PostgreSQL and MongoDB. They have done a lot of engineering around these three platforms recently as well as some open-source work using the latest toolsets.
This role is not just a pure BAU database administrator role. It does contain this as part of the role, however it is more focussed around engineering project work and working on initiatives that helps benefit the business. You must, however, be comfortable picking up BAU-type work (for example, being on call when you are working on this).
There is a huge appetite across this team to innovate and use exciting technologies like Docker and Kubernetes as well as other DevOps aligned methods of automation. The team do a lot of Continuous Integration work with the developers and use Jenkins to build pipelines and innovate.
To be right for this role, you must have a good grasp of the following:
- Strong Oracle database administration and engineering experience.
- Ideally some good exposure to both PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- A proven track record of innovation in previous roles and experience working with pioneering devops tools that has seen you automate builds and repetitive tasks.
- Strong performance tuning experience and knowledge around a database engine.
- Ideally, some Python experience (scripting)
This is a fantastic role to join a team that work on exciting projects and who are open to new ideas on how to accelerate potential within an infrastructure team. You will be expected to work two days a week in the office, and three from home. The hours (if not on-call) are generally 9-5.30pm.