£500 - £600 per day
almost 4 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
DevOps Engineer - Banking - London
Our client, a leading City based bank, is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to help them build the necessary automation processes to allow for a continuous delivery model. The business are always looking for new ways to improve customer experience and has a dedicated team to help build public facing and internal applications to help them achieve this. This is a great opportunity to be part of the end-to-end delivery of these products, from definition to implementation and ongoing enhancements. The team follows a strong Agile model and is always looking at how it can improve output and quality through technical innovation and automation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for automating build and deployment of systems and software (TeamCity/Octopus), synchronizing development, testing, staging and production environments, as well as building and operating the team's Continuous Delivery pipeline. They will also be creating infrastructure solutions alongside the development team, working closely with the developers to ensure that any infrastructure hurdles are removed.
- Previous experience in a DevOps support/engineering role
- Good understanding of Windows O/S
- Strong knowledge PowerShell scripting
- Ability to improve overall Application Performance Management
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to form relationships across an organisation
- Good knowledge of build and deployment systems - ideally TeamCity/Octopus would be highly beneficial.