£700 - £800 per day
about 1 year ago
DevOps Engineer - Banking - London
Our client, a reputable Bank in London, is looking to hire a DevOps Engineer to help them on a huge pipeline of work across several feature teams in a key area of the organisation. This business is always looking for new ways to improve customer experience and has a number of dedicated teams to help build public facing and internal applications to help them achieve this. This is a great opportunity to be part of the end-to-end delivery of these products, from definition to implementation and ongoing enhancements. The team follows a strong Agile model and is always looking at how it can improve output and quality through technical innovation and automation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for automating build and deployment of systems and software, synchronizing development, testing, staging and production environments, as well as building and operating the team's Continuous Delivery pipeline. They will also be creating infrastructure solutions alongside the development team, working closely with the developers to ensure that any infrastructure hurdles are removed.
- Previous experience in a DevOps Engineering role
- Experience in building and maintaining microservice architecture with REST API's
- Strong knowledge of integration tools (Jenkins, Git etc).
- Experience in Azure technologies (Azure DevOps, App Gateway, Firewall etc)
- Ability to improve overall Application Performance Management
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to form relationships across an organisation
- Good knowledge of build and deployment systems - ideally Kubernetes.
Please note that this is a PAYE contract working through an Umbrella company. Whilst working from home currently, my client also offers a flexible working environment longer term.