£650 - £700 per day
about 4 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Fullstack Developer (Java, AngularJS) - Digital Banking
Our client, a global Bank is looking to hire an experienced Fullstack Developer to work on greenfield development of a suite of applications within a new Digital team. The role will join a large scale technology transformation with the long term strategic goal of moving from the current state to offering cutting edge Digital solutions to customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively building relationships with stakeholders across a range of work streams within the bank, identifying development opportunities, formulating and then delivering full life cycle technical solutions across the technology stack (Java, AngularJS, TDD). There is a strong pipeline of work including building new Digital FX payments and Cash Management applications to a new Sales tool and an onboarding system.
There is a strong Agile approach to development through the use of TDD and BDD concepts; as well as Continuous Delivery and a strong preference to move towards Event Driven Architectures. The environment is not architecture driven therefore offering a large amount of autonomy and freedom for developers to be creative and make a quantifiable difference across the organisation by introducing new technologies where appropriate.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Java engineering background including Java 8.
- Successful delivery of web based front ends using AngularJS and RequireJS into production
- Strong multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection.
- Strong commercial use of Maven, gulp, grunt, less
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale development projects.
- Strong Financial services background ideally with experience in FX or other Front Office domain (Trading, E-Trading, Order Management, Pricing or Risk Management systems).
- Any experience with REST services would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a large scale development project.