Infrastructure Engineer: Firewalls: Networks: Compliance: Python: TCP/IP: RegEx
One of my Banking clients is looking to hire an Infrastructure Engineer to play a key role in one of their network security and assurance teams.
Part of this team's responsibility is to run a key application that is used to manage compliance across the Bank, and this role is specifically aligned to this app. It will see you take a key role in the day-to-day running of the tool for other teams to use. The key aspect for this role is that the role is aligned to the application/tool itself, instead of focussing on using this tool to plan firewall changes etc.
Other responsibilities include:
- RegEx - as Regular Expressions are used extensively within the config of the tool (it is key to the tool's success), you will need to play an active role in this to help suggest/develop ways to improve policies around Compliance based off the application data/performance.
- You will therefore need to apply RegEx to any network configuration (they use Python to implement).
- Work with stakeholders and different facets of the business to assist in them using the tool.
To be right for this role, you must have:
- A proven track record in implementing Regular Expressions (RegEx), ideally in Python.
- Experience of firewall and network device compliance
- Networking and network security technologies such as Firewalls, IPS, IDS, NDR, TCP/IP
This is a 6-month contract role with potential for extending and is a PAYE contract going through an umbrella company. The Bank operate a hybrid working model and you will be expected to be in the office (Manchester or Leeds) two days a week.