£90000 - £100000 per annum
over 2 years ago
Infrastructure Project Manager; Technical Project Manager; Equities; Windows; Unix
What is the opportunity?
One of my clients, a global Investment Bank, is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager to sit in their Equities IT division, taking the lead in managing several Infrastructure-related projects.
You will join as a Vice President and manage a small offshore team, your main task being to sit with project initiators across the Bank and define a thorough approach to each project based on your previous experience in a technical support/infrastructure environment. You will in some cases push back on initiators and drive project plans/milestones/escalations where appropriate.
You will spearhead several projects at any given time and also set governance around incident/problem management processes. Your remit will also cover looking at Estate and Capacity Management, looking into ways the area can save money and drive efficiency when it comes to system management.
Who are they?
They are a reputable Global Investment Bank - this specific area of the Bank have 200 people globally working for them with plans to grow that significantly in 2019.
What will you need?
- You need to come from a technical background in either support or infrastructure. Crucially though you will need to show evidence of acting as a project manager on technical projects.
- This will suit someone who has moved from a technical role into a Project Management role within the Infrastructure Support space.
- Technical knowledge across a Windows & Unix estate is naturally a big advantage.
- Must have a proven track record of project delivery in another Investment Bank.
- Industry experience is vital - you must have worked in an Investment Bank previously in a technology-based role.
What they can offer you?
- A highly competitive basic salary up to £95,000.
- Attractive benefits package
- Discretionary bonus
- The chance to travel to meet your offshore team