£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits & bonus
almost 4 years ago
IT Support; IT Operations; Linux; TCP/IP; VMware; Cisco; Java
Our client, a leading software provider, is looking to hire an IT Operations Engineer to work in their IT Operations Team providing IT Support and ongoing maintenance for the client's flagship platform service. You will ideally be an existing support analyst working in a TCP/IP networking & Linux-orientated role interested in working for a technology company based in the West End that is passionate about high quality software.
This role will see you perform the following tasks:
- Provide 24x7 support for the live customer facing production service and business hours' support for the development, user acceptance testing and quality assurance test environments.
- Work closely with a development team doing L2/3 support to investigate and solve production problems, and plan changes to the platform.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation for all supported environments,
- Contribute technical documentation on problem resolution and troubleshooting techniques to the knowledgebase
- Perform routine monthly maintenance to proactively deal with potential technical issues
To be right for this role you must come have a grasp of the following technical disciplines:
- Detailed working knowledge of TCP/IP networking & Linux administration
- Virtualisation technologies
- Cisco switches/routers
- Load balancers (f5 or Citrix NetScaler)
- Familiarity with Java based development would be a plus
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Support Analyst to take the next step in their career and work for a market leading software company that focus on a growing and ever-changing industry.