£80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 1 year ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Our client, a Global Bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer into its Global Data team.
The role will involve working on a large scale data store, which is used by the front office to access trading data. There is a large pipeline of work re-engineering large aspects of the platform, making it more robust and scalable and developing new features while maintaining the existing data solution. They are using a modern tech stack and will offer the opportunity to pick up skills in Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes as well as moving into the Cloud in the coming months. They work to a strong Agile methodology, so you will be responsible for maintaining and improving development quality through TDD and BDD concepts.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Core Java development background
- Strong multi-threading, skills
- Demonstrable experience working on distributed systems
- A Financial Services background
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills (Junit / Mockito / Cucumber)
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment
- Any experience with MicroServices, Containers (Docker), Kubernetes and Cloud would be beneficial but not essential
This is a fantastic to get in to a challenging development role, working on a large scale, complex Data System and making a contribution to one of the core aspects of the bank's infrastructure.