£90000 - £110000 per annum + benefits
almost 3 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Java Developer - Fixed Income, e-Trading - Investment Banking
Our client, a Global Bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer into its Fixed Income, Algo e-Trading team.
The role will involve working on a greenfield project, re-engineering certain aspects of the global trading platform, as well as developing on the existing tech stack. The successful candidate will have a long pipeline of work and be responsible for regulatory change, close interactions with traders to understand business requirements and create automated technical solutions. They are using a modern tech stack including Java, Docker, Kubernetes as well as moving into the Cloud in the coming months and there are also plans for expansion across Europe. The client works in a strong Agile methodology, so you will be responsible for maintaining and improving development quality through TDD and BDD concepts.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Core Java development background
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills (Junit / Mockito / Cucumber)
- Strong multi-threading, low latency, real-time experience
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale complex codebases.
- An Investment Banking background - ideally an eTrading/FI background (any asset class)
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment
This is a fantastic to get in to a Fixed Income, Algo e-Trading tech team and make a significant contribution to a globally distributed trading system.