City of London, London
£80000 - £100000 per annum + bonus and benefits
about 2 years ago
Our client, a Global Bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer.
The role will involve working on a front office application used directly by Traders/sales people at external Hedge Funds and Asset Managers. There is a large pipeline of work redesigning the platform whilst developing new features. The application allows the automation of existing manual batch processing, thus increasing speed and efficiency. They plan to move the application to Google Cloud in the coming year, so this is a great opportunity to pick up skills in and actively use GCP. They work to a strong Agile methodology, so you will be responsible for maintaining and improving development quality through TDD and BDD concepts.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Core Java development background
- Multi-threading and Microservices skills are preferred
- Demonstrable experience working on distributed systems
- Financial Services background is advantageous but not essential
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment
- Any experience with Containers (Docker), Kubernetes and Cloud would be beneficial but not essential
This is a fantastic to get in to a challenging role working on an integral application used by large buy side clients.