£600 - £650 per day
5 months ago
Our client, a leading Bank, is looking to hire a highly experienced, Java Developer with Markets Regulatory / Trade control knowledge. This will be to work in the Front Office Sales and Trading area, which covers regulatory software and developing and maintaining the control platform. The work will involve building new components, developing features and adding new functionalities, as well as doing 3rd line support tasks when required.
The ideal candidate will have strong Core Java, experience in the markets environment and Hadoop ecosystem. They will also be confident in owning the system, driving the project, and be able to multitask in a high-pressured environment.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Java Development skills
- Strong Markets Regulatory / Trade control knowledge
- Demonstrable experience with Data lake (Hadoop), Hive consumption
- Experience of API design - REST and architecture patterns
- Messaging technologies - MQ, Kafka etc.
- Strong Agile development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
- Ideally a Maths, Physics or Computer Science undergraduate degree
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key part in a long term programme of work at a leading Bank.
Please note this role is a PAYE contract via an Umbrella Company