City of London
£90000 - £120000 per annum + bonus + benefits
over 1 year ago
Our client, a Global Investment Bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer into its Front Office FX, e-Trading team.
The bank has recently had a large investment into this area for a complete transformation, so there is a large pipeline of work ahead across two main projects in pricing, risk and distribution. The role will involve working on the full Software Development Life Cycle implementing new features and projects, from design to development and supporting into production, as well as working on some of the existing systems. The ideal candidate will have skills in Java, multithreading and experience working in a similar environment on a low latency platform. The client works in a strong Agile methodology, so you will be responsible for maintaining and improving development quality through TDD and BDD concepts.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Core Java development background
- Strong multi-threading, low latency, real-time experience
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills (Junit / Mockito / Cucumber)
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering large scale complex codebases.
- An Investment Banking background - ideally an eTrading/FX background (any asset class)
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value in an Agile environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant contribution to a globally distributed trading system.