City of London
£100000 - £120000 per annum
10 months ago
Java Developer - Greenfield - eFX - Investment Banking
Do you want to work on a greenfield buildout of an Ultra Low-Latency FX Platform at a leading Global Investment Bank?
Our client is looking for a talented, enthusiastic Java Developer to assist them in a buildout of a brand new platform within their eFX team. Through this opportunity, they will be providing someone with the chance to gain experience working with Ultra-Low Latency technologies without any strong prior experience.
You will be expected to interface directly with the Quants and Traders, as your work on this platform is considered business-critical, giving you visbility within the upper echelons of the bank.
This is the perfect role for you if:
- You feel you are not being given the opportunity to progress your career
- You want to work on a system that will be internationally recognised as a leading FX platform
- You'd like to move in to the Ultra Low-Latency space
- You want to work directly with Quants, rather than for them.
- You want flexible Hybrid Working, only having to be in the office 2 days a week
To be successful in your application, you will ideally meet the following requirements:
- Strong Core Java development skills
- A high level of multithreading capabilities
- Previous working knowledge of the inside of an Investment Bank
- Working knowledge of an Asset Class (preferably FX but not essential)
In addition, if you have any of the following, you will be a stronger candidate
- Experience working with Low-Latency Trading Systems
- Some degree of knowledge of Low Latency Frameworks and Libraries (Chronicle, LMAX, Aeron, Agrona etc.)
- A strong interest in the business side of Investment Banking
- A STEM Degree at a 2:1 or higher
If this sounds appealing, please reach out to me by applying for this ad or by dropping me an email on
I aim to respond to all successful applicants within an hour of your application being submitted.