£60000 - £85000 per annum + bonus and benefits
4 months ago
Our client, a global investment bank, is looking to hire a strong server side Java Developer into their Market Risk area. The team is working on one of their large Risk Calculation applications which connects end of day risk calculations of up to 5mil daily trades, runs stress tests and performs data analysis/ reporting. The technical environment is Java, Solace messaging (moving towards Kafka), multithreading, Data Synapse grids, internal cloud and OpenShift/ Kubernetes and it is a highly Agile team working in 2 week sprints.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong server side Java Development skills
- Good skills with Spring frameworks like Spring Boot
- Experience with multithreading is advantageous
- Experience with Big Data technology (HDFS, Scala, Spark) is nice to have
- Banking/ Risk knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- The ability to add value to an Agile TDD environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team in an essential area of the bank.