East Midlands, England
£60000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
almost 3 years ago
ASAP - 3 months
Java Developer / Big Data / Hadoop - Technology Company
Company - East MidlandsOur client, a well-known technology company, is looking for a Java Developer with Big Data skills to join their data analytics space.
The role will involve working on a Big data application which ingests large volumes of data from a range of internal systems and processes the data for regulatory reporting purposes. The role will involve playing a key part in extending the functionality of the existing system as well as increasing system enablement to allow increased user access to accurate data across all parts of the business. The company's existing Big Data stack includes Hadoop, Spark and Scala and the role will involve the ongoing evolution of the platform.
Candidates must have:
- Strong Java skills (ideally including Java 8)
- Big Data skills (preferably Hadoop)
- Demonstrated history of technical achievements on Java, high performance systems (TCP/IP, Concurrency, Garbage Collection)
- Scala would be beneficial but not essential
- Big Data skills are preferred but solid engineering skills with a background in Financial Services (FX, Fixed Income, Equities) would be also be considered.