£550 - £650 per annum
over 2 years ago
6 Months +
Java / Big Data - Developer - Investment Banking - London
Our client; an established Global Bank is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer to join a long term data project.
The wider project is to look at how the organisation manages customer data globally and to ensure there is a rationalised, secure and, most importantly, single accurate record. This will include an initial analysis phase to look at how the process of consolidating customer records will be structured, followed by a proof of concept to build a centralised data repository that will be used by various divisions across the bank (Private Banking, Commercial, Markets).
The Data Store is being built using a combination of Java, Hadoop and Spark and this role will be to further enhance the server side.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Java/J2EE development background (including Java 8)
- Strong OO, multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection, data structures
- Experience developing Big Data technologies including Hadoop and HDFS file systems
- Experience analysing data using tools such as MapReduce, Spark, KAFKA, Hive, Sqoop would be highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills and ability to mentor other team members
- Any experience with Python would be beneficial
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a large scale greenfield development project.