£75000 - £85000 per annum + Bonus & Benefits
almost 4 years ago
Java / Python Developer - Equities Trading - Investment Banking
My client, a global bank, is looking for an experienced Software Developer with strong skills in Java and Python to work on a global development project.
The role will involve working on a long term strategic programme looking at automating trading across all trading desks globally and how to optimise and manage risk in a centralised way. Currently they have systems built in both Java and Python and they are looking to build a seamless interaction layer between Java and Python processes to bring the US and European desks together as one platform. The first step is to create a new team in London and will involve sitting on the desk with the traders.
Candidates will need:
- To be proficient in developing applications in both Java and Python
- Strong core Java skills (including version 8)
- Strong understanding of Pandas & NumPy
- Ideally experience with Streams and Lambdas (but not essential)
- Strong database skills (ideally KDB but not essential)
This is fantastic role for anyone with strong technical skills and looking to work close to the business. Banking experience is preferred but not essential.