£500 - £600 per day
over 3 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Java / Python / Big Data - Developer - Investment Banking - London
Our client an established Global Bank is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer to join a Greenfield data project.
The wider project is to look at how the organisation manages customer data globally and to ensure there is a rationalised, secure and, most importantly, single accurate record. This will include an initial analysis phase to look at how the process of consolidating customer records will be structured, followed by a proof of concept to build a centralised data repository that will be used by various divisions across the bank (Private Banking, Commercial, Markets).
The Data Store is being built using a combination of Java, Python, Hadoop and Spark and this role will be to further enhance the server side.
Candidates will need:
- Expert core Java development background (including Java 8)
- String development skills in Python
- Strong OO, multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection, data structures
- Ideally have exposure to Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra) although this is not essential
- Strong communication skills and ability to mentor other team members
- Financial Services background and used to dealing with Front Office stakeholders
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the development of a large scale greenfield development project.