£450 - £500 per day
over 4 years ago
ASAP - 4 Weeks
Java Software Engineer - Digital Banking
Our client, a global bank, is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer to work on the greenfield development of a suite of applications within a new Digital Banking team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively building relationships with stakeholders across a range of work streams within the bank, identifying development opportunities, formulating and then delivering full life cycle technical solutions across the Java Stack (Java, Web Services SOAP/REST, Spring, Hibernate). There is a strong pipeline of work including building new Digital payments and Cash Management applications to a new Sales tool and an onboarding system.
The business is currently moving to a Microservices style architecture using Java 8, Oracle, ReactJS and automated build and deployment tools such as Jira, GIT and require an experienced developer to help design and build back end functionality.
Candidates will need:
- Expert Java engineering background and commercial experience in Java 8.
- Demonstrable commercial experience in relational databases such as Oracle or DB2
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Deployment tools such as Teamcity, Maven, Jenkins
- Any experience delivering production ready rich front ends in ReactJS or AngularJS is strongly preferred but not essential.
- Strong multi-threading, concurrency, garbage collection.
- Demonstrable experience working on and delivering complex technical projects either in Banking or similar technical environment in a different sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the re-development of a large scale development project