Java Technical Lead - Digital Finance - Microservices - Remote
Our Financial Services client, is looking to hire an experienced Java Technical Lead to drive the architecture, design and development of a greenfield project in one of its Digital teams.
The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of, and experience using, Spring Frameworks (particularly Spring Boot), as well as working knowledge of Node.js and React.js.
They work to a strong Agile methodology, so you will be responsible for maintaining and improving development quality through TDD and BDD concepts.
As a Technical Lead you will need proven experience of working on a project from conception through to deployment and testing, including liaising with various business users and stakeholders both internally and externally so strong communication skills are key.
Candidates will need:
- A strong Core Java Development background
- Previous role in a leadership position
- Excellent Spring, Spring Boot and Microservices skills
- Proven experience of architecture and design on a greenfield project
- Multi-threading is preferred
- Have some experience in React and Node.js
- Financial Services background is advantageous but not essential
- Strong Agile Development background and experience with TDD/BDD concepts and testing skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to add value
- Any experience with Containers (Docker), Kubernetes and Cloud would be beneficial
This is a PAYE contract via an Umbrella Company