£90000 - £110000 per annum
about 3 years ago
Lead Developer; Software Engineer; Data Analytics; Apache Spark; Engineering; Java; Python
One of my Banking clients based in London is looking for a hands-on Lead Developer to play a key role in their Data Analytics Technology team. This is a completely Greenfield initiative in which the client aims to move their entire data analytics presence on to the cloud from their existing data warehouse. They want this person to lead the charge and help shape the way they do it, from a hands-on development perspective.
The team has serious buy-in from the Front Office and Senior Stakeholders, so they now need someone with an extensive background in data analytics and cloud technology to help spearhead the migration on to the cloud.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading squads and delivery teams on the project.
- Being the face of the tech team when liaising with senior stakeholders and updating them on technical project progress.
To be right for this role, you must be a programmer at heart and come from a software engineering background. A proven track record in the following is a must:
- Java/Python Development background.
- Experience across data querying/data pipelining/data storage/data streaming/data migration/data tooling/data flow.
- Experience in a similar cloud migration project (ideally Google Cloud).
- Terraform/Docker/Apache Spark (all advantageous)
This is a truly unique, exciting role that will see you get in at the start of something special. It's the chance for someone who is very interested in leading a data/cloud migration from a technical perspective and carving a career for themselves as the lead engineer for the project.